Re: WMaker Menu

Theo Bierman wrote:
On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 06:51:37AM -0400, Tom Allison wrote:

I'm running Window Maker on three different workstations, and all the Menu structures are different.

Admittedly, the only thing that I am in a position to address right now is this: On one machine I decided to strick out on my own for managing my menu. Well, I don't like that idea anymore. Is there something that I can do to restore the Debian provided Packages? It's OK if this means the complete loss of my own customized menu structure.

Open up wmakerconf, on the menu tab right click the application folder and click on insert debina menu, save and exit.

Also, is there some manner in which I can have my cake and eat it too?

That is, can I create a sub-menu (or something) that contains either the entire Debian provided menu structure, or contains my own customized structure?

what i did was, added my own folders/commands under teh application folder (this is right at the top) and then right at the bottom inserted my debian menu, makes things a lot neater to....

Bingo!  Thanks

And finally -- I don't recall which is which right now -- but there seems to be two WM Menu tools. One will tend to destroy the Debian menu structure and the other one I can't find right now (explaining my lack of details...). Is there any thoughts about getting this figured out?

are you talking about wmakerconf and WPrefs...?

YES!!!
wmakerconf is 'OK' for me to use. WPrefs keeps trying to convert my menu into something else.

---end quoted text---