Re: WMaker Menu

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 06:51:37AM -0400, Tom Allison wrote:
> I'm running Window Maker on three different workstations, and all the
> Menu structures are different.
>
> Admittedly, the only thing that I am in a position to address right
> now is this:
> On one machine I decided to strick out on my own for managing my menu.
>   Well, I don't like that idea anymore.  Is there something that I can
> do to restore the Debian provided Packages?  It's OK if this means the
> complete loss of my own customized menu structure.

Open up wmakerconf, on the menu tab right click the application folder and click on insert debina menu, save and exit.

> Also, is there some manner in which I can have my cake and eat it too?
>
> That is, can I create a sub-menu (or something) that contains either
> the entire Debian provided menu structure, or contains my own
> customized structure?

what i did was, added my own folders/commands under teh application folder (this is right at the top) and then right at the bottom inserted my debian menu, makes things a lot neater to....

> And finally -- I don't recall which is which right now -- but there
> seems to be two WM Menu tools.  One will tend to destroy the Debian
> menu structure and the other one I can't find right now (explaining my
> lack of details...).  Is there any thoughts about getting this figured
> out?

are you talking about wmakerconf and WPrefs...?

> --
---end quoted text---

--
Theo Bierman