Re: Change compile options wi/ apt-get source?

On Monday 13 May 2002 11:40 pm, Michael D. Crawford wrote:
> I don't know, but I would very much like to recompile glibc, the Xlib, and
> the gnome libraries to be optimized for the different processors I'm
> running.
>
> Recompiling the kernel to optimize for a particular processor is a
> significant performance boost but it would help to optimize the libraries
> too.
>
> Recompiling glibc is a bit risky because you can make your machine
> unbootable if you make a mistake.
>
> I think Mandrake is Pentium optimized.
>
> Mike

I just saw in another thread that the pentium-builder package allows you to
build packages optimized for your architecture of choice.

It doesn't support other options but it's just a simple perl script so it
should be an easy hack to change that.

Nathan