Re: Change compile options wi/ apt-get source?

I don't know, but I would very much like to recompile glibc, the Xlib, and the gnome libraries to be optimized for the different processors I'm running.

Recompiling the kernel to optimize for a particular processor is a significant performance boost but it would help to optimize the libraries too.

Recompiling glibc is a bit risky because you can make your machine unbootable if you make a mistake.

I think Mandrake is Pentium optimized.

Mike
--
Michael D. Crawford