Re: problems with cyrus (sid) on woody

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 05:26:32PM +0200, ke@helinet.de wrote:
> > How did you manage?
> > Whatever I try, I can't get authorisation to work:(
>
> Oops, at which point do you stuck? Everything is working fine now at my
> side.:-) For authorisation I use PAM with mysql.

Good to hear it's working, so it must be possible:)

I simply installed woody and added sid's cyrus21* packages.  Trying to
run cyradm or `nc localhost imap' gives me `badlogin:...plaintext or
cram-md5' errors in /var/log/mail.

I grabbed the source and compiled `testsaslauth' to test sasl2 setup,
and low and beholds, that program thinks it's fine.

In /etc/defaults/saslauthd I've choosen pam.  If I try sasldb I get
an error upon starting saslauthd.

I'm not sure what mysql has to do with it, I don't have mysql.

--
groetjes, carel