Re: rsync over ssh without password

On Fri, 2002-05-10 at 20:48, Rory Campbell-Lange wrote:
> rather just the user's id key. I've had a look at the sshd man page and
> tried setting up this system to no avail.

when you attempt to connect, does it prompt you for password for the
key, or just user password? Did you create the correct version key? In
other words, if you are using ssh2 you need an ssh2 key, also depending
on the version of openssh you are using, the keys might need to go in
~/.ssh/authorized_keys2

doing an ssh -v user@host will give you some debug info that might be
useful. Also check permissions on both the client's private key file and
the server's authorized_keys file (both need to be 0600)

hope that helps

-Mark Roach