Re: [suporte] Re: (OT) POP Outlook Folders to Imap Linux

On Thu, 9 May 2002, dman wrote:

> | Outlook saves mail in a *strange* mbx format. :(
>
> mbx?  For real?  Not some weird undocumented thing?

I believe outlooks mbx format is different from UW's which basically an
mbox with some extra headers.

> According to this you can install uw-imap and simply copy the mbx
> files and it'll work.  Not only that, but c-client is a free (C)
> library for handling mail messages.  Mahogany (a GTK+ based MUA) uses
> it,

As does pine, tkrat and PHP's Imap module that I know off.

[...]

> Worst-case scenario (if the files really are mbx and can be found
> on-disk) you write some C code to read the mbx and spit it back out in
> maildir (or whatever) :-).

Or if you are so inclined, libmail-cclient-perl gives you a Perl
interface.  (And there is also the PHP option I mentioned.)

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>