Re: journaling file system on thinkpad?

Scott Henry wrote:
"M" == Michael Hothorn <mhothorn@ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de> writes:

M> Hi,

M> I'm running woody with kernel 2.4.18 on an IBM i1200 Thinkpad. I am using
M> ext2 filesystem for all partitions (but swap:-). It happend more than
M> once, that I left the machine on battery and left the office for more
M> than 3h ....

M> Has anyone a thinkpad (or any other laptop) running a journaling
M> filesystem (reiserfs, xfs, ext3)? Is it safe (in the kernel
M> config it's still mentioned as EXPERIMENTAL) and running stable?

The switch is easy.
I have everything on ext3 now. But I don't know if it comes with the standard Kernel-image or if you have to roll your own. I roll my own...

But - I have a Thinkpad A21m that has been working great for months. And with many screw-ups on my part. I have one problem with suspending the notebook where it locks up everything and I have to pull the battery. Still OK!
I have to really get around to fixing the suspend problem though...