Re: After upgrading kernel I lost my CDROM

Hi Edward,

it seems that your DVD-ROM is also recognized by ide-scsi (though I don't know why), so try to mount it as /dev/scd0 (CD-R should then be /dev/scd1).
Maybe to avoid conflict append="hdd=ide-scsi,hdc=scsi".
BTW, does cdrecord work? And can you mount your CD-R to read a CDROM?

HTH, Joachim

( ... )

--
Joachim Fahnenmüller