Re: Java plugins

On Thu, 2002-05-09 at 15:32, Carlos A P Gomes wrote:
> Hi,
> some time ago someone in this list suggested a way to get java plugins
> installed on woody by runnig the browser as root e accessing java.sun.com.
>
> My question: is there any security issue installing that plugin as root?

I would rather suggest to simply install blackdown's java from
http://www.blackdown.org/
The deb line in /etc/sources.list reads, e.g.,

deb ftp://gd.tuwien.ac.at/opsys/linux/java/debian woody non-free

(but choose a mirror near you). Then apt-get update; apt-get install
j2re1.3 (for the runtime) or j2sdk1.3 (for the SDK)

--

I did not vote for the Austrian government