Re: apt database problems?

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 04:28:51PM +1000, Rob Weir wrote:

> I don't know anything about LVM, but are you sure you need the lvm 5
> package?

Pretty sure, unless I'm doing something *drastically* wrong :)

>From the output of apt-cache show lvm-common...

 This package includes parts of the LVM packaging which do not depend
 on the particular IO protocol version of the kernel implementation. You
 need to install in addition one of lvm5, lvm6, or lvm10.

When I do 'apt-cache show' on any of lvm5, lvm6 or lvm10 I get no
output (no errors, but no output). Then apt-get install lvm5 gives me
the error I mentioned earlier:

 Package lvm5 has no available version, but exists in the database.
 This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency
 and never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the
 contents of sources.list
 E: Package lvm5 has no installation candidate

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Simon.