apt database problems?

Hi there,

I have recently installed woody, and everything is going fine except
for one small problem; I'd like to use LVM (in conjunction with
reiserfs), but I'm having trouble installing the required packages.

Under potato, I would have just patched the kernel for lvm and done a
apt-get install lvm to install the required tools.

Under woody, it seems I have to apt-get install lvm-common, then
install one of lvm5, lvm6 or lvm10 - depending on the kernel version.

I can install lvm-common without a hitch, but the problem comes
whenever I try and install lvm5. I get this:

# apt-get install lvm5
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Package lvm5 has no available version, but exists in the database.
This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency
and never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the
contents of sources.list
E: Package lvm5 has no installation candidate

The mirror I am using is www.uk.debian.org

Does anyone know where I can find the lvm5 package, or why these
packages are not where they ought to be?

Many thanks in advance,

Simon.