Increasing font size in mozilla

Has anyone succeeded in getting significantly
larger font sizes in (potato's) mozilla?

I've looked at the "customizing.html" document
referred to in the FAQ, and haven't been able
to make sense of that advice.

For example, they refer to ".css files in Mozilla's
chrome directories...", and I haven't been able to
figure out what they're talking about.

Also, they say that "the user can override them
with two files, called userContent.css and
userChrome.css.  Put them in the chrome subdirectory
underneath the user's profile directory."

I did find a directory called "Chrome" under my
home directory at .mozilla/default/Chrome, and
I tried copying some of their suggested statements
into a userChrome.css file that I created there,
but I didn't see much if any improvement.

If anyone has been able to get nice large fonts
(on a high-resolution monitor) for mozilla, I'd
appreciate getting some more detailed advice on
how you did it.

        Mike Fontenot
        mlfasf@attbi.com