Re: New Debian distribution concept?

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 04:22:06PM +0200, Preben Randhol wrote:
> I remember I read after potato was released as stable that Debian would
> start a new concept for the building of the distibution. I haven't heard
> much after that. Does anybody know if there are any plans / discussions
> about this?

Yes, it happened ages ago:

    (implemented a month or two after that post)

The 'testing' distribution hasn't lived up to its promise of speeding up
the release yet. However, getting it into an initial working condition
took a long time; I expect we'll see more benefits from it in woody+1,
as we can start out from a much better known-good state.