Re: Installing Debian on notebook failled.

On Tue, 7 May 2002 14:04:09 +0300 (EEST)
"Tuukka Toivonen" <tuukkat@ees2.oulu.fi> wrote:

> On Tue, 7 May 2002, Nico Berg wrote:
>
> >not asked all other questions are asked! Then I am in a loop. Nothing
> >to do
>
> Difficult problem. I have no idea what could be wrong. However, you
> could try bootdisks with different kernel-image, or you could try adding
> swap from command line (Alt-F2) in the very beginning, before the bug
> happens.

This is the looping bug in the base-config package.  The way I've been
getting around it is as follows:

- switch to 2nd console
- login as root
- 'mv /etc/inittab.real /etc/inittab'
- 'reboot"
- manually add entries to /etc/apt/source.list for testing and unstable
- create a file /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/10default containing
  - APT::Default-Release "testing";
- 'dselect update'
- 'apt-get install base-config/unstable'
- 'base-config' (it won't loop this time)

--
Jamin W. Collins