Installing Debian on notebook failled.

Hi there,

I have a problem with the installation of Debian. I can  reproduce this
problem so I asking myself: is it a bug how to solve the problem?

I have tried to install the stable version from cd, netinstall from cd and
netinstall from diskette, stable and testing. The first time installing
(using stable diskette) Debian, it was a big succes. That's the only time
Debian installed normal. 5 time later I had the following fault.

I boot my system from diskette. Answer the questions Debian (base-config?)
ask, ending at the question "reboot the system". I reboot then booting from
/dev/hda. The I get a few questions: 1ste the question about GMT. (answering
this yes or no makes no differents) then the question about the geographic
region, then the question about the city. After that the question about the
Md5 passwords, following that the question about shadow passwords, after
that the question of root password, then the question about the new user.
After that the setup loading /etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz and starting the
line of questions again. Now the questions about the passwords and users are
not asked all other questions are asked! Then I am in a loop. Nothing to do
about it. I can open a console and kill the installer then Debian is going
on with the mailquestions. (I don't know if there has to be other questions)
I don't know if I missing other critical parts of my setup.

Who does know something? My system is a notebook, 32mb memory, lcd screen
with a 2 mb LynxEm graphic adapter. 4 gig hd /dev/hda1 (10mb /boot)
/dev/hda2 (333mb swap) /dev/hda3 (rest /)

Greetings, Nico berg