My ultimate linux box

Hello,

I am currently building a new computer to replace my P150 overclocked to P166!
:) It's about time!

The system will run Debian GNU/Linux, so I want to ensure that the hardware
I go with will be compatable.  You input is greatly appreciated.

Here are the specs:
Case: Enlight Full Tower (EN-89020SX34)
Power Supply: Enermax 550W
Mainboard: Tyan Tiger MPX
Processor: 2x Athlon MP1800's
Ram: Crucial 1.5GB DDR PC2100 Registered
Monitor: Viewsonic P255f
Soundcard: Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum
Videocard: ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon 8500DV 128 DDR
CDROM: Plextor UltraPlex Wide or Some SCSI DVD player???
CD-RW: Plextor Plexwriter 12/10/32s
Backup: I want a DDS-3 or DDS-4 tape solution... sugestions?
RAID: Compaq 5304 128 Raid controller
SCSI: Adaptec 2940W Controller
Disks: 5 Compaq 10k Ultra 3 SCSI
Drive Cage: Enlight EN-8720 Ultra 160 SCA Backplane
Floppy: Teac
Cooling: Any ideas?

I would like to add 2 more Ultra SCSI-3 Disks for a RAID 0 config for the OS
Any sugestions for where the system should be on the disks?  I.e. I am going
to have the 5 Compaq disks setup in a RAID 5 array and then the OS mirrored.
Should I have a seperate disk for swap?

Also with the ATI Video, what features on this card are currently supported
under linux?  Should I go with the DV card or am I just paying extra for a
firewire port that will not be supported.  I hear the ATI is the best of the
bunch for supporting open source drivers.

Will the 5304 controller be a pain to setup?  I know it workes under red hat
so I could just use the module they have available.  Any other thoughts,
ideas?

I know this isn't exactly the correct place to post this sort of message, but
I have been hard pressed to get any good feedback on anadtech and 2cpu.com for
good linux related advice.

Thank you all for your thoughts!