Re: My ultimate linux box

On Sun, 2002-05-05 at 22:53, Michael Kahle wrote:
> Here are the specs:
> Case: Enlight Full Tower (EN-89020SX34)
> Power Supply: Enermax 550W
> Mainboard: Tyan Tiger MPX
I hear MSI has some nice Mother boards.  A friend just picked up a sweet
one with IDE raid built in and crazy extras.  They might have a dual
processor model.  I also hear that new MOBO is seriously stable.
> Processor: 2x Athlon MP1800's
> Ram: Crucial 1.5GB DDR PC2100 Registered
> Monitor: Viewsonic P255f
> Soundcard: Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum
> Videocard: ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon 8500DV 128 DDR
>From what I hear radeon 8500 isnt fully supported till you get XF86 4.2
So you might have to wait to fully use that, but that said I use a
Radeon VE which Im quite happy with.
> CDROM: Plextor UltraPlex Wide or Some SCSI DVD player???
> CD-RW: Plextor Plexwriter 12/10/32s
> Backup: I want a DDS-3 or DDS-4 tape solution... sugestions?
> RAID: Compaq 5304 128 Raid controller
> SCSI: Adaptec 2940W Controller
> Disks: 5 Compaq 10k Ultra 3 SCSI
> Drive Cage: Enlight EN-8720 Ultra 160 SCA Backplane
> Floppy: Teac
> Cooling: Any ideas?
Now Im off to clean the drool off the floor before someone slips and
falls on it.

--
-Peace kid
  Scott Henson	shenson2@wvu.edu

"God's the ultimate playa, so naturally He's going to have some haters,"
rapper Ice Cube said. "But these haters need to realize that  if you
mess with the man upstairs, you will get your ass smote. True dat."