Re: OpenOffice question

On Sat, 4 May 2002, stan wrote:

> I just downloaded the OpenOffice 1.0 installer, and ran it on my woody
> mahcine. I told the installer to put the installation in /opt/OpenOffce.
>
> I looked through the opt/OpenOffice tree, and I don't see a bin directory.
>
> What else do I need to do to use this package?

It might be easier for you to add these lines to your
/etc/apt/sources.list:

# OpenOffice
deb http://www.mx1.ru/~chris/openoffice unstable main contrib
deb-src http://www.mx1.ru/~chris/openoffice unstable main contrib

# Java
deb ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/linux/devel/lang/java/blackdown.org/debian/ woody non-free

Then do this:

dselect update
apt-get install j2re1.4 openoffice.org

That'll probably be far more painless than the way you're trying to go.

--
Baloo