Re: Applications close by themselves with CPU under load.

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 09:23:28AM +1000, Wienand Ian wrote:

| The latest kernels all recommend swap == 2 * RAM, so I'd increase that swap
| partition to at least 400mb

400MB of swap is way too much.  I have 256MB swap and 256MB RAM.  This
gives me 512MB total.  I run gnome, galeon, zope, apache, postgres,
sshd, exim, spamassassin, gcc, oggenc, and other stuff with no
problems (other than wishing it was faster :-)).  I also don't use
swap a whole lot and have a bunch of disk cached right now.

-D

--

Microsoft DNS service terminates abnormally when it receives a response
to a dns query that was never made.