Re: Applications close by themselves with CPU under load.

It sounds logical, and that's why it was the first thing i thought about.

I knew i should had more swap space, and so i tried to add a file and do a mkswap on it, but that wasn't helpful. My swap partition is 128 mb because before upgrading the system RAM, it had only 64 mb.

But i don't think it's a swap space problem. I've tested a lot that subject and my swap file has never gone further the 20% of the 128 mbyte of the swap partition, even in the worst moments and when programs are already closing. I am supervising its use all the time by a Gnome applet, as well as system memory usage and CPU load.

It has to be other thing, i suppose.

Thank you very much for your fast response.