Re: kernel 2.4.17 and above for debian LINUX

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It surely helped.

Some more clarification :
1. What kernel version does 2.2r5  and 2.2r6 have ?
    Does any of these have kernel 2.14.7 or above ?

Your Question:
> First of all, why do you want to upgrade your kernel ?

I need it because that is the system requirement given to us by the vendor,
this
system happens to be a NAS head with xfs filesystem. The client has
everything
set up on this. And my Client is not around for 2 weeks, so I cannot put
this query to him.
And
Thanks for the kernel upgrade procedure

3.
> >>What would be CD image one needs to download to get 2.4.17
> >>kernel for www.debian.org site ?
>
> You have to grab an unoffical iso image of woody but i dunno
> what kernel exactly is it ...

Thanks .
Can something be more can be added on this, is it that debian has not
released 2.4.17 kernel ?

Thanks and Regards
Deepak