Re: Install Realplayer???

Thus spake Leon (ld456@eircom.net):

> > Debian Sid.  A friend just told me House of Blues is doing online
> > streaming.  I can play through windows media or real player.  I did an
> > apt-get install realplayer and it says I have to download the player
> > itself from real.com
> >
> > I did a search on real player on their main page and it has a link to a
> > non-existant page.  Seems they're pushing their new verions with a 14
> > trial pretty hard.
> >
> > Anyone have a correct url or a copy of the actual rpm?
> >

> Try this link:
> http://service.real.com/downloads.html
>
> They've done a good job of hiding the links alright.

Thanks.  Found it and installed but neither Konqueror or Netscape want
to play the link:

http://www.hob.com/bin/realhurl.plx?internetradio/labelshowcase/motownrecords2-100.rm

There is a plugin for "rpm" for Real Player Metafile, but nothing for
.rm.  Netscape sees it as .ram oddly enough.  I found the plugin entry
for Netscape but but apply the ".rm" and ".ram" extentions doesn't help.
It still wants to save to disk.

Trying to open location in real player but that says it can't read the
page.

There's days you just want to scream.

:wq!
                                \_       that important!