Re: [2002-04-30] Release Status Update

Anthony Towns wrote in a message to debian-devel-announce:
> So, it's April 30th (for most of the planet, anyway), which probably means
> folks are beginning to get mildly curious about whether woody'll actually
> be ready for release tomorrow. The answer is a definite "kind-of". Which
> is to say, "no".
>
> On the upside, woody itself is ready to be released. The only outstanding
> changes that need to be made are the standard security fixes that need
> to be made throughout the lifetime of stable anyway.

Well, not the best news, but this means we have a week or two before
release in which testing is going to be entirely frozen with no changes.
This seems like an excellent opportunity to do final testing of woody.
It would be great for peace of mind to see some successful installation
and upgrade reports. Any remaining glitches would have to just be
documented around, rather than fixed. Just don't find any release
critical bugs, mmmkay?

--
see shy jo