Re: print web pages with dot matrix?

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 08:23:55PM -0500, Gary Turner wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:42:09 -0500, ktb wrote:
>
> >I'm running Woody.  The printer I'm working with is a Panasonic
> >KX-P2030.  It will print web pages fine from a windows computer but from
> >Woody it only spits out something along the lines of -
> >
> >%!PS-Adobe-3.0
> >%%BoundingBox: 54 72 558 720
> >%%Creator: Mozilla (Netscape) HTML -> PS
> >%%DocumentData: Clean7Bit
> ><snip>
> >[ /.notdef /.notdef ......
>
> This is raw Post Script, which the Panasonic doesn't interpret.
>

> >I installed the printer using apsfilterconfig.  I chose the Epson
> >Ghostscript driver as specified at linuxprinting.org.  The printer of
> >course prints plain text just fine.  Have I missed a step here or change
> >a config?
>
> Apsfilter probably set you up with:
>
> 	lp--default, doesn't go through Apsfilter/gs
> 	raw--(may be called something else) goes through Apsfilter,
> 		but is not modified
> 	pandot--(my name for the panasonic dot-matrix printer) goes
> 		through Apsfilter and gs and is output as a graphic
> 		(raster scan) for the Panasonic

OK things are becoming a little more clear but looking though the
print howto and gs manpage it isn't becoming apparent to me how to
generate a command to do what "pandot" does for you.  I'm going though
the gs docs in /usr/share/doc/gs/Use.htm to see if I can figure this
out.  I was wondering if you could share your printcap?  You can email
it to me directly if you like.  It looks like I'm going to have to muck
around with files in /usr/share/ghostscript/common/ also, is that
correct?
Thanks,
kent

--
To know the truth is to distort the Universe.
                      Alfred N. Whitehead (adaptation)