Re: print web pages with dot matrix?

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:42:09 -0500, ktb wrote:

>I'm running Woody.  The printer I'm working with is a Panasonic
>KX-P2030.  It will print web pages fine from a windows computer but from
>Woody it only spits out something along the lines of -
>
>%!PS-Adobe-3.0
>%%BoundingBox: 54 72 558 720
>%%Creator: Mozilla (Netscape) HTML -> PS
>%%DocumentData: Clean7Bit
><snip>
>[ /.notdef /.notdef ......

This is raw Post Script, which the Panasonic doesn't interpret.

>I installed the printer using apsfilterconfig.  I chose the Epson
>Ghostscript driver as specified at linuxprinting.org.  The printer of
>course prints plain text just fine.  Have I missed a step here or change
>a config?

Apsfilter probably set you up with:

	lp--default, doesn't go through Apsfilter/gs
	raw--(may be called something else) goes through Apsfilter,
		but is not modified
	pandot--(my name for the panasonic dot-matrix printer) goes
		through Apsfilter and gs and is output as a graphic
		(raster scan) for the Panasonic

Look at /etc/printcap.

In Mozilla, click file->print->properties then change the "Print
Command" line to "lpr -P<whatever-you-named-your-printer>"

For example, mine reads   lpr -Ppandot

You can do about the same in Browsex.  I haven't printed from any other
browsers.
--
gt
It is interesting to note that as one evil empire (generic) fell,