Re: Tool to find out info about machine ?

There are functions in the C lib that get host information by name or IP
number.  I have it wrapped up with a lot of other `play' stuff, but here
are the most significant lines of code.

sock = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, 0 );
if( !sock )
  goto abort;

if( inet_aton(argv[1], &addr) )
{
  printf( "Getting host by address\n" );
  host = gethostbyaddr( (char *)&addr, sizeof(addr), AF_INET );
}
else
{
  printf( "getting host by name\n" );