Re: Re: installing woody

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 02:21:06PM -0700, Noah Sombrero wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Apr 2002 16:10:05 -0400, you wrote:
>
> >Did you install a new kernel when you upgraded to woody? woody should
> >boot with same kernel you had with potato.
>
> You mean I can't use the new 2.4 line?  Naw, that can't be right.
> Maybe I can't be trusted will all this new complicated stuff, spose?
>
> >Which kernel are you trying to use? Is it installed from a stock debian
> >deb? Can you post your lilo configuration file?
>
> 2.4.18-5 for amd k6-2.  Also tried to roll my own.  Same result.

For the 2.4.x kernel debs, file system support is highly modularized. You may
need to add a file system module to /etc/modules to boot. Check the
config file in boot to see if the file system support you need is
module or commpiled in.

If you roll your own, make sure ide and root file system support is compiled
into kernel. Also, if you configure initrd into kernel and use
make-kpkg to compile your kernel image, add "--initrd" option; if you
compiled without initrd option, make sure CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD is not
set in your configuration.