Re: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock...

Greetings Donald,

On Sun, 28 Apr 2002, Donald R. Spoon wrote:
> I have a couple of friends that had similar problems & complaints.  In
> one case the "sr" block device was not being loaded, and in the second
> case the "scd0" was not sym-linked to the "sr0" device.  In both cases
> they got the same sort of message as you are getting.
Interesting, but that's not the case (actually if the scd0 is symlinked
to sr0, you'd get 'too many symlinks' warning...)

The cause of the problem is actually fairly simple: hardware failure
(I connected the CD burner to a friend's PC and was unable to mount it
either - even under a different OS...). The current configuration is
just fine (the /dev part as well as apropriate modules) - pity it died
on me after only 50 or so burnt CDs - guess they don't make them the way
they used to ;]

Thanks anyway!

> Cheers & Good Luck!
Hope my warranty isn't void yet :]

Regards,

--
Marcin  Fusinski   qrchaque(at)master(dot)pl
 UIN: 127801366   	  GG: 1854531