Re: How to speed up fetching mail

* Vineet Kumar <debian-user@virtual.doorstop.net> [020428 11:12]:
> Actually, the way djb dreamed of it is called serialmail. It's for
> exactly this purpose: download a bunch of mail over a slow link into a
> maildir and then redeliver those messages. I've never used it, or even
> looked at it, but that's what the description says. The -src is
> available as a .deb =)

The created deb is not installable because /usr/bin/setlock is in
daemontools as well. I guess I have to file a bug report...

As you seem to be quite informed, do you know why the daemontools
version is so old?

> My guess is that serialmail is only more complicated in the respect that
> it speaks SMTP and QMTP, and that piping each message to procmail as you
> suggest should be okay.

That sounds like I need a local mta. Don't know if masqmail can do that.
We'll see

--
Karsten Heymann <karsten.heymann@gmx.de> <karsten@ecology.uni-kiel.de>
CAU-University Kiel, Germany