Re: modem

On Saturday 27 April 2002 12:34 pm, xucaen@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi all, I'm searching for how to program the modem. Does anyone have any
> references they can share? I've never programmed a serial port or modem
> before.

at www.linuxdoc.org get:
MODEM-HOWTO
Serial-HOWTO

These were indispensible to me.  I implemented the client and server end for
a remote control app.  The docs cover the more common ISP access stuff of
course.

try "man minicom". This is good tool for trouble shooting.

Read up on mgetty+sendfax and learn how to control the debug levels. Go to
level 9 and "tail -f  /var/log/<mgetty file for ttySx>"

Mike Mueller