Re: modem

Hi, thanks for replying. Actually, I am beginning
my research to develope my own RS-232
communications software, probably in C, and I'm
looking for references on how to programm the
serial port/modem in Linux. I guess I didn't ask
my question correctly, sorry for the confusion.

thanks!
xucaen

--- Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 11:34:09AM -0500,
> xucaen@yahoo.com wrote:
> > Hi all, I'm searching for how to program the
> modem. Does anyone have
> > any references they can share? I've never
> programmed a serial port or
> > modem before.
> I think you are not really looking for
> "programing" serial port.  You
> are looking for "configuring" serial port and
> modem.
>
> For modem you need is AT command reference.
> Check this under google.
>
> If you install "wvdial" it may automatically do
> all thse.
> "ppp" "dip" packages may have some useful
> documentation.  Good luck:)
>
> --
> ~\^o^/~~~ ~\^.^/~~~ ~\^*^/~~~ ~\^_^/~~~
>  Osamu Aoki @ Cupertino CA USA
>  See "User's Guide":
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/users-guide/
>  See "Debian reference":
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/
>  "Debian reference" Project at:
> http://qref.sf.net
>
>  I welcome your constructive criticisms and
corrections.