Re: Web logfile analyzer?

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 06:47:22AM -0400, Quenten Griffith wrote:

> I use awstats I think its in Woody, or you can go to awstats.sourceforge.net

Hi - I have just (after reading this thread) installed awstats and
managed to get it to do basic statistics. Unfortunately, I am unable to
get it to show OS and Browser statistics. This is what I am interested
in.
It seems to have to do with the LogFormat parameter in the config file.
It defaults to LogFormat=4 and according to the docs that does not show
these particular infos. Unfortunately setting it to anything other than
4 does not seem to work on my system at all!
My apache logs do show information regarding visiting OS and Browsers,
so it seems (to me at least) that awstats should be able process them.
I would be interested to know if other people running awstats on Woody
are able to show these statistics, and if so, what their LogFormat
parameter shows.

Thanks a lot!

--
  Erik van der Meulen <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.nl>