Re: fetchmail daemon dies, won't restart

I have the same problem. My system-wide fetchmail dies sometimes without
any warning, without any apparent reason.
I have not yet looked at other init.d scripts like gdm, but would it be
possible (logical) to spawn fetchmail (I mean if it die, relaunch it
automatically).

Christophe

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 12:28:12AM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> I'm running a daemonized fetchmail at work, ~1000 messages daily.
>
> Periodically the daemon dies.  No good reason.  OK, I can deal with
> that.  Create an /etc/cron.d/fetchmail file with the following:
>

>     3/15 *   * * *     root /etc/init.d/fetchmail start 1>/dev/null
>
> ...which should restart fetchmail every fifteen minutes.
>
> Problem is, it doesn't.
>
> I've changed the inovcation to read:
>
>     3,18,33,48 *   * * *     root /etc/init.d/fetchmail start 1>/dev/null
>
> Checking just now, the daemon's still running.
>
> This gets pretty old, really fast, given I live and die by email....
>
> Ideas?  Thanks.
>
> --
> Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com>        http://kmself.home.netcom.com/
>  What Part of "Gestalt" don't you understand?
>    We freed Dmitry!        Boycott Adobe!         Repeal the DMCA!
>      http://www.freesklyarov.org

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.