Command Line Listing?

Hey there, my uncle and I have just installed your latest Debian Linux on an older
Solaris system. We formated and installed Debian.

Everything is working fine that we can see, just we dont have the GUI (Graphic User Interface)?
Or cant execute the GUI? Our main problem is that we are new and have no clue how to use
Linux yet. We are 99% certain that we installed it because well we installed the whole installation!

If you could supply me with a list of commands for Linux,  and how to start the GUI
it would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks
Sincerely a LINUX LOVER!

Technician: "theres one good thing about Windows"
User: "Whats that?"
Technician: smiles and says "Drag and Drop!!!"