Re: Newbie and scan attack

begin  DSC Siltec quotation:

> Okay, here's the kicker question:  How can I, as a newbie, track this
> down
> and root it out, and clean my system?
>
> Also, is there a way I can do it without spending days at it, learning?

You want us to distill security administration into an email?

Pay somebody to do it for you, or expect to spend at least "days at it,
learning".

> >> Cc: me at dscpubl@siltec.lt

Set the appropriate headers.

--
Shawn McMahon                    | McMahon's Laws of Linux support:
http://www.eiv.com               | 1) There's more than one way to do it