Re: Configuring a new system that shipped w/ Debian?

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 03:32:32PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> begin Grant Edwards <grante@visi.com>
> > On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 05:08:54PM -0500, Grant Edwards wrote:
> >
> > > Doing a dpkg --configure <pkgname> won't work because the
> > > packages have already been configured.
> >
> > I just stumbled across dpkg-reconfigure (a mention of
> > dpkg-reconfigure on the dpkg man page might be a good idea).
> > Now, if only there was some way to figure out what package
> > owned a particular file...
>
> i wonder which package owns "/bin/ls"?   let me see...
>
> % dpkg -S /bin/ls
> fileutils: /bin/ls
>
> ahh.  it looks like fileutils owns /bin/ls!    :)

If I were worried about configuring the contents of
/bin/ls, I'd be set.  :)

# dpkg -S /etc/network/interfaces
dpkg: /etc/network/interfaces not found.

# dpkg -S /etc/resolv.conf
dpkg: /etc/resolv.conf not found.

# dpkg -S /etc/hosts
dpkg: /etc/hosts not found.