Configuring a new system that shipped w/ Debian?

I am planning on shipping Linux boxen with Debian preinstalled.

When the customer unpacks the box and fires it up, what is the
best way to allow him to reconfigure the sorts of things that
one normally configures as part of an install:

 * Hostname
 * IP addressing info
 * Passwords
 * User accounts
 * SSH key generation
 * ...

Doing a dpkg --configure <pkgname> won't work because the
packages have already been configured.

I assume most the stuff above is handled by postinst scripts
that aren't even around anywhere after the packages have been
installed and configured?

It seems a shame to write something using newt or whatever that
just duplicates the various postinst scripts...

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com