amd

I am using the amd automounter, or at least trying to, but I'm having a very hard time. I'm not trying to do anyting tricky.

In the end, I essentailly just want to reproduce the following line from /etc/fstab:
  files.example.com:/home  /home  nfs  ...
  master.example.com:/usr  /usr   nfs  ...
as an automount system. The main reason for wanting to use amd is failover.

I don't want amd to need to know the subdirectories of /home; I just want it to mount /home whenever /home/* is accessed. How can I make it do this?

Does anyone have amd working for them?