Re: Update shouldn't nuke XF86Config-4

Paul Sargent wrote:
> I'm just glad backups are always made before debconf writes to files.

Yes, /var/cache/debconf/*-old are handy.

What, you mean config files? Debconf does not ever, ever, write to
config files. Ill-designed maintainer scripts might. I wish people could
get their terminolgy right; accusing debconf of writing to a config
file is akin to accusing readline of writing to a config file. Both
debconf and readline just provide a mechanism for programs to prompt for
input from the user.

--
see shy jo