Re: $netstat -a

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 07:10:15PM +0200, Matijs van Zuijlen wrote:

> > Do an "lsof | grep raw" and post what you find.
>
> Have you tried netstat -ap ? It'll show you process id and program name
> of the corresponding process. You may need to be root to see all of
> them.

Actually I have (sorry for not mentioning that earlier).

In place of a program name or pid I get a dash. Here's part of the output:

$netstat -ap

raw        0      0 *:icmp                  *:*                     7
-
raw        0      0 *:tcp                   *:*                     7
-

--

 Whoever thinks a faultless piece to see,
 Thinks what ne'er was, nor is, nor ne'er shall be.

   Alexander Pope, An Essay On Criticism.