$netstat -a

Hello All

I ran $netstat -a on one of my machines and got the following

******************* output of netstat -a *********************************

Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
tcp        0      0 *:auth                  *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:smtp                  *:*                     LISTEN
raw        0      0 *:icmp                  *:*                     7
raw        0      0 *:tcp                   *:*                     7
Active UNIX domain sockets (servers and established)
Proto RefCnt Flags       Type       State         I-Node Path
unix  0      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     11142  /dev/log
unix  0      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     65     /dev/gpmctl
unix  1      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     52     @00000001
unix  1      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     79     @00000003
unix  1      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     80     /dev/log
unix  1      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     53     /dev/log

I was interested if anyone knew what the lines

   raw        0      0 *:icmp                  *:*                     7
   raw        0      0 *:tcp                   *:*                     7

mean.

I have read that it means that a program such as portsentry, ippl or iplogger
is running on the system. In other words there is some program listening for
raw ICMP (protocol 1) and TCP (proto 6) packets coming from any remote address
to any local address.

I have no such programs. The closest I have to any of these is tcpdump.
But I seen other systems with tcpdump and netstat -a doesn't give this output.

Can anyone explain say how I would find out which program is listening for
raw icmp/tcp packets.

TIA.

 t.irvine