Re: SCSI Tape Device

curtis wrote:

> Has anyone had a similar problem.
>
> While I was under 2.2 kernel my scsi tape drive worked fine.  After
> upgrading to 2.4, however, I can't seem to get it to install or detect
>  my scsi drive no matter what. Any ideas?
>
> Curtis
>
> --

What's your SCSI I/F  H/W?

It's a shot in the dark, but...
When I upgraded to 2.4.17 tar started hanging my system.  It turned out that
SCSI disconnects aren't supported for the external SCSI on the Mac 8500.  Things
worked fine when backing up the internal disks, but the system hung when backing
up the outboard disks.  A workaround was to reconfigure--I put all disks on the
internal SCSI and isolatied the tape drive on the external SCSI.

--rich