Re: Fonts in GNOME badly broken!

    "Aaron" == Aaron Traas <adt6247@njit.edu> writes:

    Aaron> I helped a friend install Debian today. My friend is new to
    Aaron> Linux so I decided to install KDE and GNOME, plus a few
    Aaron> window managers, and showed him how to use KDM to switch
    Aaron> between them.

    Aaron> To make a long story short, GNOME does not function
    Aaron> properly. I'm a KDE user myself, and haven't tried GNOME in
    Aaron> over a year before today, and thus do not know how to set
    Aaron> it up properly. He's running Woody, XFree86 4, and 2.4.18
    Aaron> kernel.

Well, I did not have a GNOME problem until yesterday, when I
dist-upgraded after about 4 weeks. Now my fonts all look really
cruddy. Basically, all I seem to have are some basic fonts like
Courier in the menus, and in applications like XEmacs.

Since I upgraded so much (217 packages, and almost every font package
I can think of was upgraded) it's hard to tell what did it. Over 20
gnome related packages were upgraded too.

If any one has a clue about where to start I'd like to know. I'm off
to work now, but I've certainly got my project for the evening.

Cheers!
Shyamal