Re: Problem with Audigy soundcard

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 11:50:24AM +0200, Dan Christensen wrote:

   > I have a problem with SB Audigy soundcard, i have to do a insmod
   > emu10k1.o every time i have done a reboot, i tryed to put in a alias in
   > the file /etc/modutils/aliases no cigar soo i put in the line
   > alias sound emu10k1 in the file /etc/modules.conf but no luck so now i
   > dont know anymore.

Create a file called `sound' in the directory /etc/modutils with the
line
    alias sound emu10k1

I have noticed that modules.conf is recreated during every boot and
things in /etc/modutils go into it. I have not checked putting my sound
card and nic stuff in there, but have created two files with appropriate
lines. Every boot up, it is there. In case you want to check it, do an
update-modules, depmod and run /etc/init.d/alsa (assuming that you are
using alsa).

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                mas at uomphysics dot net

Alcohol, hashish, prussic acid, strychnine are weak dilutions. The surest
poison is time.
		-- Emerson, "Society and Solitude"