Re: Building kernel-image with kpkg

Ramesh Panuganty <Ramesh.Panuganty@compaq.com> writes:
> Yeah, you need the link from /usr/src/linux ->
> /usr/src/<kernel_ver_sources> to ease while applying kernel patches
> etc...

I've never found that necessary (though I also tend not to apply
patches to my kernel source).  A well-formed patch should apply
cleanly to a source tree rooted anywhere.

> You may also thinking of creating this link
>
> mv /usr/include/linux /usr/include/linux.org (this would be a
> directory) /usr/include/linux -> /usr/src/linux/include/linux

Fortunately, though, you've read /usr/share/doc/libc6/README.Debian.gz
and understand why you shouldn't do this.  :-)

	-- Abra Mitchell