Re: Scwawcaac: Need more information before installing ...

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 09:58:10AM -0700, Soul Computer wrote:
> I bought my new computer for use as a publishing tool (paper publishing).  In order to use it in this way, however, I need it to either be able to use Symantec Q&A Write v3.0 for Windows, or be able to obtain a program that can do similar, if not identical work.  What programs are available for this, and where would I find them?  Would anyone have a recommendation?
> Also, I need to have good reassurances that my telephony connection will still work after install, so I can obtain my e-mail and get more information or possibly download software for the machine.
Do you have a modem? ISDN card?
If it's supported, then it shouldn't be much of a problem setting it up.

> Finally, I need to know if I have any devices that can not be used by Linux.  I have a Lexmark Z13 USB printer and a Canon bjc4200 printer.  If either of these is incompatible, I will use the other.  I also have  a ScanMagic 1200 UB Plus Scanner (USB).  The last is where would I find sound support for an SB16 card for Linux?  I like the sounds.
SB16 is supported in the kernel ( don't forget to load the module ). The Hardware FAQ on the Linux Documentation Project website will give you some answers on the the other pieces of hardware.

Eamon Roque.