Re: Woody: "xhost +" on Local Machine not Working

Hi Bruno!

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Bruno Boettcher wrote:

> [...]
> as others pointed out, i don't want to open the access to the X server
> and am trying the ssh solution.... without success so far....
>
> here's my try:
> ssh -A -X router

Yes, I got it solved. The "ssh -X" solution works for me (note that I'm
*not* using the "-A" switch since I'm not using the SSH agent). My
"sshd_config" on the server contains:

X11Forwarding yes
X11DisplayOffset 10

Is "ssh-agent" running on the client system? If not, start it and see
whether that helps. I've never used ssh-agent so far, so I'm not sure.

Hope my advice was of some help.

Greetings,

	Holger