Re: ISDN Auto Dial

On Mon, 2002-04-22 at 15:37, Oliver Elphick wrote:

> You have to have some means of translating a host name to an IP
> address.  You don't have to have bind running on your desktop, but you
> do need to specify a nameserver; if there isn't one running locally you
> can point at your ISP's nameserver.  Normally you do this by specifying
> one or more nameserver lines in /etc/resolv.conf.

I had looked at resolv.conf before and it had my isp's nameservers in it
so I assumed it was something else. However, I was connected at the time
and ms-get-dns was set in ipppd.ippp0. Before dialup resolv.conf doesn't
have the entries in, which was causing the problem.

I disabled the ms-get-dns option and put the nameserver lines in
resolv.conf and everythings fine.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction,
Tim