ISDN Auto Dial

I have just installed unstable on my new machine. I have set up an ISDN
link to my isp with the standard isdnutils package. It autodials out
when an ip is specified (eg. 'ping 66.218.71.113') but not when a host
name is specified. I have tried this with and without the 'nohostroute'
option in /etc/isdn/ipppd.ippp0.

I'm sure installing bind would fix the problem but this is a desktop
machine and there must be a better way. Can anyone help? If anyone has
this working could I have a copy of their ipppd.ippp0 config file?

Regards,
Tim